Sunday, April 02, 2006

KSSP Questions

KSSP questionaire

1. We know you prefer natural fibers, but which ones do you adore? On the same note, what yarns make you absolutely cream yourself?
As I currently live in Southern California, but am in the process of moving to Hawaii (it is a long process, which includes working there this summer), I'm trying to get more in to cottons and silks and away from the warms wools, alpacas, etc.

2. What other crafty shit do you do? (ie, spin, crotchet, bead, put babies on spikes, etc)
I've really forsaken most other crafts since I started knitting. But I do a bit of sewing, beading, soap making and paper crafts. Oh, and cooking- I think that counts as a craft!

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
Nope

4. What yarns do you absolutely hate?
The normals- crappy acrylics and novelty yarns.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Amazon
Wists

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Vanilla and florals, fresh fruity (but not overly sweet) things.

7. What do you like to eat? You know you want chocolate!
Unformtuanly, I'm trying to do South Beach Diet, so I'm supposed to stay away from most sweets (limited amounts of dark chocolate are okay).

8. What are your pet peeves?
Can't think of any right now- but I know I have a ton, but most are related to the stupid behavior of people.

9. What's your favorite thing to knit?
I don't think I could pick one thing, depends on the mood.

10. What are your favorite colors?
I wear a ton of stuff in purples, also like reds and pinks. Recently I've been getting into grass green.
I pretty much like all colors except orange and yellow.

11. What new knitting technique do you want to learn?
There are so many. I've kinda hit a rut where I just don't want to slow down to learn new things, but up on my list are cables and colorwork as well as socks.

12. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Particular brand?
I knit almost exclusively with my Denises, so I guess the answer is circulars (much better for traveling)

13. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I was a big bamboo fan, but now I knit mostly with my Denises. I tend to dislike metal, but I've only tried the crappy craft store metal ones.

14. Any crap that you collect obsessively to fill a void in your life?

I would say yarn and knitting books- but that isn't crap. Otherwise, not much else.

15. Any books you've been dying to have?
See the wish lists. Here is a (I think uptodate) list of all the knitting books I do already have (dosen't include pattern booklets without ISBNs)

16. What is the air-speed velocity of a swallow carrying a coconut?
No clue

17. Are there any yarns that you'd like to try but aren't available to you for one reason or another?
I recently fell in love with Regia's "Candian Color" which doesn't seem to be available in the US.

No comments: