As this is here mostly to talk about food and knitting, I'll start off with a list of my current WIPs...
Debbie Bliss Biker Jacket
- in the suggested yarn, Debbie Bliss Aran Tweed, in that same olive green
- I've finished the body pieces, which are waiting to be seamed. I've also knit most of one sleeve, but it seems way too big, so I need to recheck my gauge and maybe knit the sleeve in a smaller size. After that will be the other sleeve, the rest of the neck band, the waist band and the wrist bands.
Smooch Tank from Rowan
- In (discontinued) Lion Cotton Ease, sugar plum
- This was started so long ago, and has been set aside and re-picked-up so many times, right now I'm almost done, I just need to finish a few inches on one side of the neck shaping. But I've been having a hard time reversing the directions which is why it keeps getting set aside. But it is so close, I should pull it out now that summer is nearing.
Clown Fish from JudyKits
- This is so close to being done. I just need to sew on a few of the fins (which I guess makes this really an UFO, not at WIP).
- I think I might use this pattern again to make another fish in wool and then felt it. The cotton is so hard to get a dense fabric from because it is hard to knit tight so the stuffing shows through a bit- but the fish is still really cute.
Just One More Row Pacific Grove Pullover
- In Endless Summer Collection Pasticcio from Elann.com in the same Stone Tweed color shown.
- This was supposed to be a gift for my mother, but it has been set aside to work on other things. Plus, she has lost a ton of weight and it might be too big now (don't worry- I hadn't gotten that far)
Dunnaway by Berroco
- This also was started some time ago. I haven't worked on this one in a while, I think I might be done with two stripes, maybe three...?
- I'm using the Optik in Tiffany, and Cotton Twist (as opposed to the suggested Soft Twist) in Pool Party.
Tags: Biker Jacket_, Smooch_, WIPs_