Friday, June 02, 2006

Me, crochet, what....?

I'm thinking I may want to take up crocheting too. I know it is something I need to learn, if for nothing more than finishing knitted objects. But, here in Hawaii crocheting leis is really popular. They are often given at graduations (which are a huge deal here).

I quickly stopped in to a small little yarn store (well, mostly it had Christmas stuff) the other day in Kailua because we had breakfast across the street. I just wanted to see what their selection was so that would know if it was worth coming back for a more serious visit. Turns out that almost all of what they had (which was suqeezed into a small closet like room was eyelash stuff and some other basics. Mostly, I'm assuming, for making leis.

There are a ton of books dedicated to making the leis, and I have to say, I think this is probably the best use of furry yarns out there.

No comments: